The Student News Site of North Point High School

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

¨Im excited for sophomore year, I hope its a lot less bumpy than freshman year¨, Kieren Tucker (´25) said.
Good Luck Freshman
May 29, 2024
Poll

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Good Luck Freshman

¨I’m excited for sophomore year, I hope it’s a lot less bumpy than freshman year¨, Kieren Tucker (´25) said.

Are you a freshman about to be a sophomore? If so, here’s some advice and tips to help prepare yourself. The first and most important thing is always to be yourself. You should never have to change to be someone you’re not or change just because you want to fit in. I recommend going to the football games or any of the games and participating in school spirit days and even homecoming. 

If you aren’t a very social person that is completely ok, but getting out and doing activities, whether it’s joining a sport or just going to watch a football game you may see that it’s not as bad as you thought and you may even make some friends. 

Many sophomores wish they were more prepared for what to expect during their upcoming sophomore year.

¨Look more into the classes before you join them,¨ Maddy Burgess (´26) said.

When you are looking at classes to sign up for you may think something sounds interesting and fun. I recommend looking more into it and not just putting it down right away. The reason for this is even though it sounds fun and you think you would like it, it could be a lot different than you think it is and it’s not fun being in a class that you don’t like and aren’t having fun in, and it may be harder than you expected it to be. 

¨How hard it is to keep up with the schoolwork while having a job,¨ Riley Hampton (´26) said.

Something you never want to do is sign up for more classes than you can actually handle. You may want to just get the credits and get the classes over with but you never want to overwhelm yourself with too many classes at once. So take the classes one or two at a time so you don’t get so overwhelmed.

¨Don’t take four science classes at once,” Jaelyn Myers (´26) said.

The best thing to get you through the year is just trying your best and being yourself. And if you have questions, always ask the teacher even if you’re scared because asking is always better than just guessing. Have a great year!