The Student News Site of North Point High School

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

¨Im excited for sophomore year, I hope its a lot less bumpy than freshman year¨, Kieren Tucker (´25) said.
Good Luck Freshman
May 29, 2024
Poll

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

This Day in History

This Day In History-April 29th: 

On this day in history in 1945, the concentration camp called Dachau was liberated by US Army soldiers This concentration camp was the first camp to be constructed by Nazi’s and one of the last to be liberated. Over 180,000 individuals had been in that camp by the time it was liberated, Dachau was a small town located ten miles outside of Munich in Southern Germany.  The concentration camp that was first established there was a labor or work camp. 31,601 people were liberated at Dachau. 

The first food drop by British Royal Air Force (RAF) above Nazi occupied Holland (Operation Manna). During this operation the RAF was able to drop 7,000 tonnes of food through their units and squadrons. This operation was able to help people so that they would not starve due to Nazi control. German armies in Italy sign an unconditional surrender to the Western Allies that wss carried out later on May 2. 

In 1992, Riots in Los Angeles begin over the acquittal of police officers involved in using excessive force in the beating of Rodney King. Rodney King was an African American man who became not just a victim of police brutality but also a symbol of the racial tension in America. He passed away on March 3, 1991 from police brutality. 

In 2011, Prince William and Kate Middleton wedded after dating for a really time. They had a lavish wedding that was broadcasted on international television for millions to see. 

These are some sad and happy events that have happened on this day in history on April 29.