The Student News Site of North Point High School

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

¨Im excited for sophomore year, I hope its a lot less bumpy than freshman year¨, Kieren Tucker (´25) said.
Good Luck Freshman
May 29, 2024
Poll

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Fun Places to Vacation

Sarah Vanderbol
Jenna Vanderbol (’25) explores the Hot Springs in Costa Rica.

Summertime is not only known for its hot days and break from school, but also a popular time to vacation. There are so many beautiful places to vacation all around the world but some popular ones are the Bahamas, Mexico, Alabama, Hawaii and New York.

“My favorite place I’ve ever vacationed was Costa rica. It was so interesting taking part in the zip line, swimming, hiking and my favorite was parasailing,” Madison Wilmes (25’) said. “I also go to chicago frequently and love shopping downtown, and it’s a lot closer which is nice.”

You could also visit places out of the ordinary, unlike beaches and a tropical setting, “Out of all the beaches I’ve vacationed, by far my favorite vacation would be Alaska. It was such a unique place that really gave me a different perspective considering all I knew about Alaska is that it was cold,” Kallista Horn (25’)said.

Another beautiful place that’s known for its clear waters and amazing views is Bora Bora. While many of us dream of going there someday, the expenses are high, but worth it.

Not only is it memorable to look back at places you once experienced but it’s nice to dream and learn more about places, and keep an open mind overall. “I think my dream vacation would be Arizona. I’ve always heard that the weather is amazing and the UV is always high, and the views are beautiful,” Wilmes (25’) said.

Those are just a small number of amazing places you can look into or visit, but feel encouraged to gain knowledge on the countless other places in our world that you can visit.