The Student News Site of North Point High School

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

Defender, Sophie Hayes (26) clears the ball against the opposing team, Holt, whom they beat.
The Way To Kick It
April 26, 2024
Stress can be manageable if you just know a few techniques.
How To Manage Stress
April 23, 2024
Poll

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Den Time Woes

Kenzie Williams
Many students need to see multiple teachers during DEN Time.

Recently, the school took out the two halves on DEN time and made it into one. They did this because students would go to places they weren’t supposed to go to or even skip. So making DEN time into one class means you cannot go to another class to get help even if you need it.

A lot of students who actually need to do their work and get help in different classes for help are not allowed to do this anymore.

“I don’t agree with it because if you only have one thing to do in that class you shouldn’t have to spend your whole time there instead of getting help from other teachers and places,” Ava Nichols(‘27) said.

The new change cuts time off from getting the support for missing assignments, unfinished quizzes or even just help with work that you don’t understand.

“I don’t like it at all because it’s taking away half of my time to get help from another class and finish my missing work,” Karma Johnson(‘27).

DEN time was an hour that was used to get work done and get an extra hour to finish things or relax. Except for WIN time, and most teachers are only open for one half, you cannot get as much done as you can in DEN time. It was used for many curricular and extracurricular things that the students needed to help themselves in school.

During DEN time, students got help from many teachers, but now they have to stay with one. Many people don’t like this. By taking it away, it is supposed to prevent students from skipping classes. However, the majority of the students are doing the right thing.

If this way works and they keep doing it, it is going to hold a lot of students back from getting the better grades and education they were looking for in the first place. Students need DEN time back because the students that are looking for help, are not able to get it anymore.