The Student News Site of North Point High School

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

Defender, Sophie Hayes (26) clears the ball against the opposing team, Holt, whom they beat.
The Way To Kick It
April 26, 2024
Poll

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Let’s Celebrate the Bard

Our Second Shakespeare Festival will be April 15
Grant Anderson
Don’t miss out on our second Shakespeare Festival on April 15.

This year is North Point’s second Shakespeare festival. How exciting is that?

At this year’s festival, all kinds of fun learning will happen. There are games, acting, puppet shows, competitions, shows, entertainment, and people dressed up.

This festival is April 15 starting at 10 am and lasting until two in the afternoon. Everyone will rotate from eating at the banquet to working at a station to exploring all the other stations. 

For the fun, you get to learn how to play games from Shakespeare’s time, such as Skittles, Quoits, and Battledore and Shuttlecock. It will be super fun and really interesting to be able to experience what it was like to play games back in his time.

On the Main Stage…get ready to drumroll.,.we are going to have St. Louis Bard In A Box, Romeo and Juliet, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Julius Caesar. Othello, Macbeth, Sonnets, Puppretry, Fortune Telling. Insult Hurlers, Mimes and strolling Magicians. It is going to be epic.

On to the Secondary Stage…get ready to rumble…we will be having all the activities such as crafts, fortune tellers and an apothecary. Woohoo. 

At the banquet, there will be cider, chicken, cottage pie, salmon and cucumber sandwiches and fruit. Everyone who comes dressed up will also get Courting Cake.

Let’s give a very special thank you to the NPLC Foundation and Arts and Education Cuncil, St Louis Shakespeare, the Booster Club, North Point Administration, The ELA Department, and to all the students who helped make this festival a success.