The Student News Site of North Point High School

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

Defender, Sophie Hayes (26) clears the ball against the opposing team, Holt, whom they beat.
The Way To Kick It
April 26, 2024
Stress can be manageable if you just know a few techniques.
How To Manage Stress
April 23, 2024
Poll

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

New Years, New Things

Kyla Clayton
Mariah Ruch (’26) celebrating the new year, has a resolution to get a bunch of money.

A new year always brings new goals and challenges, and a New Year’s resolution is a good way to start over and clear your regrets from last year. This is a promise that you make to yourself on the first day of the year to do better. Here is why some students think having a New Year’s resolution might be important.

“A New Year’s resolution might be important because it helps keep you focused and determined to achieve whatever goal you want,” Brennan Drews (‘27) said.

Others disagree about resolutions being helpful for a goal.

“It’s not important, because it is about getting up every day and doing what you can do with what you got,” Joel Massey (‘25) said.

Some people have really good resolutions planned out.

“My resolutions are to read my Bible every day, be more positive than negative, not be afraid to try new things, and to be more social,” Etengenengmanyo Abunaw (‘26) said.

One of our new students has expressed why his year was special.

“I moved here from St Charles and I didn’t know anyone here,” Logan Zaleski (‘27) said. “There was nothing to do, so for a bit, I was at a bad point in my life mentally. Nothing big, just really sad, almost depressed if you’d put it that way. But I’ve met a lot of amazing people here and am in a better place now. It really shows how much you can grow in so little time. So I would say meeting and bringing all these new people into my life is the best thing that’s happened this year.”

Our 2024 seniors are looking forward to a lot this upcoming new year.

“I am excited for prom, because it’s my senior year,” Alexis Drew (‘24) said.

Seniors are starting to get reminded of all their high school lasts and starting to prepare for their life outside of school.

“I’m looking forward to pursuing my future after high school and seeing where my path takes me,” Vanessa Jennerjohn (‘24) said.