The Student News Site of North Point High School

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

Defender, Sophie Hayes (26) clears the ball against the opposing team, Holt, whom they beat.
The Way To Kick It
April 26, 2024
Stress can be manageable if you just know a few techniques.
How To Manage Stress
April 23, 2024
Poll

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Lots of Club Offerings During WIN

Aydenne Gordon
Join Mr. Hult’s Juggling Club and see how easy juggling can be. Sutton Garofalo (’27) is getting good.

Five new clubs are happening now. 

The first new club is Juggling Club. It is in Mr. Hult’s room every Friday the first half of WIN Time.

Also, Ms. Swanson’s club is in room 239. She will be having “Audacious Authors”. The club started Nov.10 and is every Friday both orange and blue WIN Time. What being an audacious author means is to have a strong love of writing and the club will allow opportunities to share author’s writing pieces. Audacious authors write something that makes people feel the writing, even writing things that have controversy. Taking big and bold risks in their writing piece is what makes an author audacious. 

Another new club that is happening is crocheting. Ms. Hazell is hosting crocheting in room 224. She will be open on Wednesday’s second half. It opened on November 8. Crocheting is making a design, fabric or object by doing needle precision stitches by a hooked needle. A simple baby blanket can even take up to 20 hours, some even a month to finish many designs. Crocheting has recently been more popular and kids have seemed to be interested in joining the group. She has supplies for students to use and beginners and experts are welcome. 

Lastly, Ms. Anderson will be hosting a puppet club on November 29 during the 2nd half of WIN time. This will go on about twice a month. This is for entertainment and to have a group of belonging. Kids would join this group if they like playing or setting a group with puppets

In addition, Mrs. Cowgill will be sponsoring a film club. She is still waiting on students’ interest before she decides which day. If you are interested in a film club, please contact her in room 235.