The Student News Site of North Point High School

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

Defender, Sophie Hayes (26) clears the ball against the opposing team, Holt, whom they beat.
The Way To Kick It
April 26, 2024
Stress can be manageable if you just know a few techniques.
How To Manage Stress
April 23, 2024
Poll

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Veteran’s Day Celebrations

Lindsay Kahoe
The school will be celebrating Veteran’s Day the week of November 13-17.

With Veteran’s Day coming up on November 11, our school is getting ready to show our appreciation to anyone who has ever been in the Armed Forces. We want to show how much we appreciate what they have done for us and our country. The week of November 13th our school is hosting a competition in the large gym during WIN partnering with each branch of the Armed Forces. Mrs. Kahoe and a few other staff members volunteered to help out this year.

“I volunteered to work on the Veterans Day celebrations and the Social Studies department has helped as well as Mr. Elmendorf, Student Council, and Brother’s Keepers,” Mrs. Kahoe said. 

Our school is hosting the competition to raise money for the Greater St. Louis Honor Flight which is a non-profit mission to send Veterans to Washington D.C to see the memorials in their honor. The goal is to raise $550 and to send one veteran and a family member to see their memorial in Washington D.C. 

“You only have to donate some money to get a chance to win the daily competition and some cool swag,” Kahoe said. 

This competition will take place Monday, Nov. 13 through Thursday, Nov. 16 and whoever wins each challenge will earn a swag bag from the branch they were competing for. On Friday we will continue the celebration with an obstacle course, the student with the best time will win a gift card for Crumbl and the title of Grizzly Guardian.  Teachers will also have a part in the celebrations.

“Students will put their donation in the envelope of the teacher they want to see wear a patriotic cape, sunglasses, and sweatband every day the following week,” Kahoe said.

Also during this week during WIN there will be a table set up where students can come and decorate stars for a veteran they know or just any veteran in general.  These stars will be donated to Honor Flight and given out to each Veteran.  There will also be materials for Den teachers to create larger stars to put on the Honor Wall.

“Their stars will be returned to them so they can give them to the person they know or they can donate it to Honor Flight for their “Mail Call” which is a highlight of the trip for Veterans where they get letters from home,” Kahoe said.