The Student News Site of North Point High School

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

Defender, Sophie Hayes (26) clears the ball against the opposing team, Holt, whom they beat.
The Way To Kick It
April 26, 2024
Stress can be manageable if you just know a few techniques.
How To Manage Stress
April 23, 2024
Poll

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Special Olympics Wins Big

FOX News
Andre Toth (’25) celebrates after winning the Kennedy Shriver Sportsman Award.

The Special Olympic season is upon us and one of the athletes is our very own Andre Toth and he is very proud to represent our school. The Special Olympics team got the Kennedy Shriver Sportsman Award.

“I felt proud and it felt like greatness because everyone wanted the award but we got it instead,” Toth said

Toth and the team had a fun time playing football together, but what is Andre’s favorite part of playing football?

“My favorite part of playing football is making touchdowns and passing the ball to my friends,” Toth said.

Now that the Special Olympics sessions are in full swing, Toth says that he would like to move on from football and into basketball. Another thing Andre said is that his mom takes him to Holt to practice. Overall the Special Olympics team had a great time and Andre says that he is really happy that they won.

Andre’s video can be seen here: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1006393927360580

The Wentzville School District will be hosting the area basketball competition in January. This is a great opportunity for students, teachers and parents to volunteer to help. We encourage everyone to go out and support our athletes in the Special Olympics.