The Student News Site of North Point High School

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

Defender, Sophie Hayes (26) clears the ball against the opposing team, Holt, whom they beat.
The Way To Kick It
April 26, 2024
Stress can be manageable if you just know a few techniques.
How To Manage Stress
April 23, 2024
Poll

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

October Teacher of the Month

Mariah Ruch
Mrs. Holzen-Mason is our school’s October Teacher of the Month.

Our students have once again voted for our school’s teacher of the month for October. The decision came down to one of our best English teachers, Mrs. Holzen-Mason. This news was announced at the October faculty meeting.

Mrs. Holzen-Mason was surprised when they announced she was the teacher of the month,

“I was surprised because, when they were describing the person I thought they were talking about a different teacher, and then it was me and I was like well, that’s exciting,” Holzen-Mason said. “It was a nice surprise.” 

It meant a lot to Mrs. Holzen-Mason to be voted teacher of the month,

“It means a lot to me because it’s voted on by students,” Holzen-Mason said. “It was like one of those things mentioned in my classroom, being very welcoming and that’s something that I try really hard to make sure happens. So it’s just very validating to hear that, that is a thing that my students see like my efforts aren’t going unnoticed.”

Mrs. Holzen-Mason was pleased to know how much her students really love her.

“It was one of those things where the day was like kind of meh, and then that happened and I was like awww,”  Holzen-Mason said. “It makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.” 

Mrs. Holzen-Mason feels honored to receive this award.

“I’m really honored, it’s really sweet, it means a lot to me,” Holzen-Mason said.I” feel like students are the main reason most of us show up every day so getting that kind of validation just means a lot.”

Mrs. Holzen-Mason is many student’s favorite teacher because she is so helpful and she relates to the students.