The Student News Site of North Point High School

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

Defender, Sophie Hayes (26) clears the ball against the opposing team, Holt, whom they beat.
The Way To Kick It
April 26, 2024
Stress can be manageable if you just know a few techniques.
How To Manage Stress
April 23, 2024
Poll

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

The Best of Times

You are in the right place at the right time.

I often hear people talk about the modern day in a very negative way. They go on about just how hard it is, how things were simpler and better in the past and how everything is going downhill. I disagree. I believe the modern day is full of opportunity and adventure. Let me explain.

Unlike in the past, where opportunities were limited and you were expected to follow one path from birth, today you can do whatever you desire. You can make what you choose of yourself, you are not bound to anything. If you want to start a business, you can start one. If you want to design buildings you can do that too. You want to paint or sing or write, it is possible. You just have to become exceptional, and this is the kicker for a lot of people because their minds are not ready.

The reality of being extraordinary is that suffering is involved. That process of going from average to excellent involves hardship and sacrifices. You’re going to have to work hard, harder than you’ve ever worked before.  You’re going to want to quit, but you’ll have to say: “No. I am striving to become something more. I am going to do it anyway,” otherwise you’re just not going to make it. It’s not easy, but it’s not supposed to be. It’s like a video game, the harder levels give higher scores.

You must strive to become the best possible version of yourself. Work tirelessly every day on what you are supposed to be doing – not just what you feel like doing. Take care of your body, because a strong body is a strong mind. You need to learn earn every day, improving your mind and understanding the universe more clearly. You need to do good in the world. Help people. A good deed is never wasted. These things require discipline, but if you do them it is very difficult to lose in 2023.

The person you want to become is waiting behind the work you do not want to do.