The Student News Site of North Point High School

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

Zach Frecks (24) recently got Braeden Ball (24) out in the senior assassin game.
Game On
May 3, 2024
MAdison Wilmes (25) studies for her EOCs while at lunch
EOC Preperation
May 2, 2024
Poll

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Cross Country Breaking Records

Madi Nemec
The cross country team cheers on the rest of their teammates as they finish off their race.

As the Cross Country season comes to an end with only a couple of meets left the team is working hard to make sure they do their best to finish off the season. On Thursday they had another meet and overall everyone thinks they did pretty well. JV and Varsity both placed and they were all pretty proud of that.

”The last meet went really well for JV and Varsity since they got 2nd and 3rd, overall I think we did really well,” Carleigh Brittingham said.

Brittingham started cross country this year. Originally she never had much interest in running but people kept telling her she should join and so she did and she has just stuck with it.

Many students said the season last year got off to a rocky start but this year has gone much smoother.

”Compared to last year, this year the team has been doing much better,” Sophie Kuessner said.

Kuessner started her cross-country season last year as a freshman and is continuing as a sophomore this year. She hopes that by the end of this season, she gets a new personal record and believes that the team will do really well too.

“We had a meet the other day and I think it went really well, I raced really well and passed a bunch of people.  I stuck with a group of girls so I think that definitely helped,” Kuessner said.

Many people are hoping that the cross country team goes to state, including senior Logan Blase who has been running since his sophomore year and whose main goal is to make it to state before the season is over.

”We should make it to state as a team on the boy’s side this year,” Blase said.

Ella Sparkman, a freshman this year, has broken one of the school records for cross country.  She wants to finish off this season by trying to break another school record.

“I want to try and PR and maybe break the school record again,” Sparkman said.

Two boys, Hunter Stahl (’26) and Logan Blase (’24) broke 17 minutes in the 5k this year. Stahl has the record with 16:56 and Blase is right behind him with 16:58.

This year’s captains, Logan Blase and Dawson Schriewer (’24) for the boys and Raegan Clercx (’25) and Madi Nemec (’24) for the girls are role models for the teams.

“It’s been a rewarding experience being able to lead the JV boys and being a good example for the team,” Schriewer said.

We can’t wait to see how our team finishes off the last couple of meets of the season this year.