The Student News Site of North Point High School

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

MAdison Wilmes (25) studies for her EOCs while at lunch
EOC Preperation
May 2, 2024
Poll

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Unearthing Humanity

Kenzie Williams
Ms. Swanson’s English III class spent several weeks analyzing what it means to be human through the eyes of poets, non-fiction and fiction writers and the opinions of their peers. They formalized their own idea of what it means and created an Unearthing Humanity Museum.

In the library, there are lots of projects about unearthing humanity. Each project showed what it means to be human. It was a final project for a unit in English III after reading several texts about what it means to be human and then writing an essay.

Londyn Ingold (’25) made hers with broken pieces of glass.

“Everybody goes through hard times in their life where pieces of yourself break and we’re not our whole self,” Ingold said. “Our broken pieces make us human, meaning we learn from our past experiences. We’re broken but we keep some of the pieces and we rearrange them and put them back together or we trash them because we don’t need them anymore.”

Another student, Addison Storms (’25) made a collage with various objects and sayings.

“Everyone is different and we should be able to express that,” Storms said. “I feel like I’m always pressured by what other people think. I think that shouldn’t happen.: