The Student News Site of North Point High School

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

Zach Frecks (24) recently got Braeden Ball (24) out in the senior assassin game.
Game On
May 3, 2024
MAdison Wilmes (25) studies for her EOCs while at lunch
EOC Preperation
May 2, 2024
Poll

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

All Things Homecoming

Maddy Burgess
This year’s homecoming should be the best one yet with lots of activities planned for the students.

As we get further into the month of October, our student council is getting ready to make sure our school has the best time at this year’s homecoming. After some hard decisions of what the theme should be it was chosen to be Disco Fever. Many students are excited to see what StuCo has planned.

“I have a lot of friends from Holt and I hear a lot of people from other schools are starting to view our school as the best school for homecoming,” Ike Estep said.

Deciding on the theme was not easy, but it is always a group decision that takes great listening skills.

“The theme is more for the decor for the dance,” Vanessa Jennerjohn said. “We encourage students to still dress how they would like, and they don’t have to follow the theme,” Vanessa Jennerjohn said.

Last week was the homecoming parade. A lot of people came to support their schools as they walked in the parade. Football, soccer, volleyball, dance, theater and many more came to walk in the parade this year.

The week leading up to HOCO is Spirit Week. We can’t wait to see everyone all dressed up and participating in this year’s spirit week. Monday will be Dress Like a Hippie, Tuesday is Barbie and Ken, Wednesday is Color Wars, Thursday is Red Flag and Friday is Blackout with neon accessories.

“I like spirit week because it goes on all week unlike the football game and the parade,” Kaylee Farmer said. “I like seeing everyone dressed up for the different days.” Kaylee Farmer said.

On Thursday during Den time, there will be a Pep Rally. There will be games and that is where the homecoming court will be announced.

Many students will be at this year’s homecoming football game on October 13 at 7 p.m. against Washington. The theme for this game is Blackout.

This year our homecoming dance is on October 14 from 7-10. Make sure you buy your tickets online because you do not want to miss out. Tickets are on sale until October 12, but last-minute tickets will be sold on October 13. Once you buy your ticket come down to the cafeteria during WIN to pick it up.