The Student News Site of North Point High School

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

Defender, Sophie Hayes (26) clears the ball against the opposing team, Holt, whom they beat.
The Way To Kick It
April 26, 2024
Stress can be manageable if you just know a few techniques.
How To Manage Stress
April 23, 2024
Poll

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Wrapping Up The Tennis Season

Kat
Ally Gregoire (26′) serving the ball at the game against Timberland

As tennis season is wrapping up for the fall, let’s go over some exciting highlights.

This year is going well as the team keeps growing.

“I got captain and I medaled at GAC’s, so I accomplished all of my goals,”  Maggie Wallace (‘25) said.

Maggie was one of two people on the Tennis Team that medaled.

“This year is going good,” Olivia Stenberg (‘25) said. “We won more games and I got 4th place in the GAC’s.”

Olivia overcame challenges and succeeded in her goal to do better than last year.

“I wasn’t nervous for doubles because I had Braelyn as a partner and we make each other less nervous,” Stenberg said.

You can tell that real friendships form in this team.

“I love how we have a very supportive team and coach,” Braelyn Trager (‘25) said. “You can tell you’re never alone and it makes us all closer.”

It is always important to have trust in a team so everyone can succeed and do better.

“My goal was to do well in doubles with my partner, Olivia, which we did,” Trager said.

Maggie and Braelyn both stated that they had good comebacks at the end and did better after it.

“I think we grew a lot as a community from our first year being a team,” Samantha Horn (‘24) said. “We are closer and have a lot more people.”

“I felt confident in the GAC’s,” Emily Thompson (‘24) said. “I placed in 3rd place so I was proud of myself.”

The team also wanted to highlight their coach, Coach Telker, to show him how much they appreciate him.

“I really appreciate Coach Telker,” Wallace said. “He pushes us hard, but at the same time still makes us feel like a valued member of the team.”

You can tell he cares about all of his players.

“Coach Telker is encouraging, empathetic, funny, sweet and very understanding,” Trager said.

Telker has been coaching since the school started and makes an impact on the players.

“He always pushes you to be the best you can be,” Thompson said.

This team has a very close bond which you can see by the way the players talk about their coach.

“I have had Coach Telker for two years now and don’t think I would like Tennis as much as I do if he wasn’t the coach,” Horn said. “He makes it really fun and he makes sure we know that he is proud of us no matter how we do, I really appreciate that.”

Coach Telker makes the team better in many different ways.

“Tennis is great,” Wallace said, “Everyone should join.”