The Student News Site of North Point High School

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

Defender, Sophie Hayes (26) clears the ball against the opposing team, Holt, whom they beat.
The Way To Kick It
April 26, 2024
Stress can be manageable if you just know a few techniques.
How To Manage Stress
April 23, 2024
Poll

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

September is Suicide Prevention and Awareness Month

Courtesy of Creative Commons
988 is a great crisis hotline number to call if you want mental health services for you or someone you know.

Suicide is a serious and often touchy subject that we need more awareness of. If we can all start a conversation, provide support, and direct help to those who need it, we can help save lives and prevent suicide.

There are many ways that we can help someone we know. It can be difficult for someone you love and care about to open up when they are hurting. It can also be difficult when you become aware of the fact that they are expressing those thoughts. However, there are ways that you can help support them.

You can support them by doing the following:

Talk – The first step to getting them help is to express your concerns for those who are in a crisis with their mental health.

Listen – Listening is very important and is another way of reminding a person that they are not alone. Remain present because you can make a difference in someone’s life by your physical and emotional presence. Remember that if you are worried about their safety and well-being get a mental health professional immediately involved.

988- You can text or call 988. 988 was activated last year as the new three-digit dial code. When anyone calls or texts 988, they will be connected to the existing National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. The 24-hour support line is confidential and available to provide the free help that they may need in a suicidal crisis or any mental health-related distress. It is available a a universal entry point so, that way no matter where you are in the United States, you can reach a trauma crisis counselor to get the help that you need.

You matter and are loved.