The Student News Site of North Point High School

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

Where to Visit This Summer

Sydney Swanson
Elephant Rocks State Park is worth the drive because the rocks are massive.

Only 22 more days of school left, which means it’s time to spend the next three months enjoying the sun and time off from school. While some people may be planning on going on vacation, spending time with loved ones, or even continuing credits for school. Whatever your summer looks like, hopefully, you’re able to enjoy the most of your break.

Within high school, many students have their licenses, but for the ones who don’t, you may wonder what you can do to make memories this summer. Even without the help of transportation, it’s still possible to try fun things. Assuming the audience tackles part of the Wentzville community, one thing you can do is go to the new park, Oglesby. Up to four different routes to walk or run on, along with the 3 different sets of playgrounds and a huge pond in the center. This is a good way to get out and enjoy nature, while also maybe getting some exercise or social time with friends.

If you are looking for free options, you could consider visiting the botanical gardens, it’s open every day of the week. This garden is filled with a collection, and display of a wide range of plants followed by the butterfly house nearby. Not only are there colorful flowers blooming everywhere, but the owners have included small sets up for sitting or pictures.

Another place to visit is the art museum, while they are open every day, when you visit on Friday, you get a free entree along with a free ticket to whatever art they are showcasing. They showcase memorable and meaningful art throughout the walls. You can always hang out in front of the museum by the beautiful pond and hill by Forest Park.

After talking to Kallista Horn (25´), she helped me discover one last place to visit for free. Elephant Rocks is located about two hours from Wentzville. When reaching the destination of the park you see huge rocks piled up alongside each other. ¨As you climb on top of one rock, you’re able to reach more rocks and small tunnels. There is so much to climb through and go on top of, it’s super fun!,¨ Horn (25´) said.

One last place to visit, which is specifically my favorite, is the Union. While the Union was brought to St. Louis only a few years ago, it attracted a large amount of people. From eating lunch to dinner to riding the ferris wheel, visiting the aquarium, shopping, and places to take pictures. The union also offers a lot of smaller attractions like a carousel, mini golf, ropes course, arcade games, and mirror mazes.

While summer looks different for everyone, it’s important to remember the opportunities to get out and enjoy your break, and hopefully, with these ideas, you’re able to try something new and fun.