The Student News Site of North Point High School

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

Zach Frecks (24) recently got Braeden Ball (24) out in the senior assassin game.
Game On
May 3, 2024
MAdison Wilmes (25) studies for her EOCs while at lunch
EOC Preperation
May 2, 2024
Poll

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

The Way To Kick It

Julia Radi
Defender, Sophie Hayes (’26) clears the ball against the opposing team, Holt, whom they beat.

Our girls soccer team has truly impressive varsity players this season. Their hard work and dedication have been evident since the start of the season, and they deserve recognition for their outstanding performance. Their skill on the field is truly remarkable and they continue to impress both their teammates and fans alike. So let’s give them the acknowledgement they deserve for their amazing contributions to the team. 

Not only do these players showcase incredible talent, but they also display remarkable sportsmanship, demonstrating respect and fair play towards their opponents. Their commitment to improving their abilities while maintaining a positive and supportive team environment is truly commendable.

“ I try my best to encourage the girls if they need it and help one another,” Devin Tracy (’25) said.

Encouraging one another can have a significant impact and greatly improve their performance. Supporting and motivating each other can make a huge difference in achieving better results for the team and for themselves. 

Tracy understands that when teammates feel supported and motivated, they are more likely to take risks, be innovative and ultimately reach their full potential as individuals and as a team. Through fostering a culture of encouragement, Tracy believes that their team can achieve greatness and surpass all expectations.

“Making mistakes in a game isn’t ideal and I know how it feels, so I always try to keep a positive attitude,” Gianna Zerface (’25) said. “And, when everyone on the field is being positive, it always has a good outcome no matter if we win or lose.” 

Having a strong, cohesive team requires effort and a positive mindset, especially during challenging moments such as losing, winning or tying. Encouraging each other and maintaining a strong attitude will help the team feel more confident and more empowered. 

By fostering a supportive environment, team members can lift each other up and celebrate success together, creating a strong sense of camaraderie that fuels their performance on and off the field. Remember a strong team is built on a foundation of mutual support and resilience.

“A way we make sure that all players are included is to support everyone’s mindset on how they see the field because everyone has their own way of looking at the play and if we can all understand each other then we can all get along and play better together”, Addison Hays (’27) said.

It is great that Hays is getting the opportunity to play both varsity and JV for the first time, It’s important to recognize that seeing the game differently, especially when it comes to fouls and other aspects, can lead to mutual understanding and support for each other’s mindsets, ultimately contributing to a positive well-being during the game. Let’s go Grizzlies.