Game On

Zach Frecks (24) recently got Braeden Ball (24) out in the senior assassin game.
Zach Frecks (’24) recently got Braeden Ball (’24) out in the senior assassin game.
Sydney Swanson

This year some of the seniors have chosen to participate in a nationwide trend called Senior Assassin and many seniors are very excited about it.

Senior Assassin is a game that started on TikTok and has spread to many other schools as a fun senior activity. The goal? Try to stay in the game and eliminate your target. All you get for the game is a water gun for the battle and for some schools, the last person standing receives a cash prize. For our school, the prize is around 200 dollars. 

Although the school does not promote this game, only students from North Point can join our school in the app called “Splashin”, which is where students can sign-up and track their targets. Students are assigned a target via the app and have to try to eliminate them with a water gun. 

“I’ve gotten one person out so far but yeah, it’s pretty cool,” Henry Shortt (‘24) said 

There are a couple of rules for this game. You must not get anyone out while they are at school or work. You can get them while they are at their house as long as the parent invites you in. You can also wear googles to prevent them from being eliminated.

There were some rumors about whether or not you can get in trouble if you get caught playing this. Currently, this game has not caused a problem for our school. 

Dr. Shelmire has sent out an email informing all of the parents of seniors that this is going on as a warning that if it becomes too much of an issue then they can get it taken away and possibly detention or suspension.

“Sometimes it can be hard to tell when someone is playing a game or if it is something more serious,” Shelmire wrote in her email to all the parents.

There are many students who are hoping this remains a trend for a little while, or at least until they get the chance to play too. There are currently 26 players left in the game and the seniors believe this is a friendly competition that is a good tradition.

“I am so excited, I really hope I get the chance to play this while it is still popular,” Sophie Kussener (26′) said.