Elizabethan Fun

During the banquet at the festival, fencing was part of the entertainment.
Heather Ohlms

Monday was our school’s Shakespeare Festival and it was definitely a hit.

There were many activities set up that many people really enjoyed.

One of the activities was planting. Students got to design the pot and then chose a small plant to put inside. This one was a crowd favorite.

Many students enjoyed some of the more artsy activities including mask making, wand making, face painting, jewelry making and getting to make your own fairy garden.

“I loved the jewelry station,” Valoria Harris (’25) said. “The little beads they bought were gorgeous. The photo booth with Pezzelle was awesome. They had a gorgeous backdrop. I loved the plant station too. Iris was absolutely amazing on the face painting station. She was very precise and patient, although hot in the sun. She had a huge line of people wanting to go to her. I loved getting to talk to new girls and seeing Mrs. Ohlms all dressed up Shakespearean. I’d also like to thank Elijah Cherian (’25) for making everything more comfortable and fun and Mr. Elmendorf for his country music.” 

There were many students who dressed up for this festival. Those students were some of the lucky few who got to enjoy the courting cake during the banquet.

During this festival, there was a banquet that was going on in the cafeteria. During this, there was a little show being put on by the students. There was a king, queen, a master of ceremonies and a jester who told many jokes. The choir also sang during the banquet.

Before the main show started, three students were fencing. Jacob Angleton (’25), Thomas Kokker (’25) and Joe Schrader (’25) were the fencers and they were impressive.

“The banquet was yummy and I think the wings and the cake were my favorite foods,” Izzy Kallbrier (’24) said. “The wings were very tender and came off the bone easily and the cake was super soft and sweet, but not too sweet.”

The last part of the festival was a jousting tournament out on the football field. The tournament was between Bethmann and Elmendorf with Elmendorf being the overall winner.

Many students are already looking forward to next year’s festival.