EOC Preperation

MAdison Wilmes (25) studies for her EOCs while at lunch
MAdison Wilmes (’25) studies for her EOCs while at lunch
Jenna Vanderbol

During the next few weeks, students will be taking the EOCs. While a majority of our student body is aware of these tests, some aren’t aware of when we have them or even how to prepare themselves to get their desired grade.

The EOC stands for the “End of Course” assessments and learning. The main purpose of the EOC is to assess group and individual knowledge, learning, and skills. These assessments are not optional and are considered mandatory, with a requirement of a minimum score for graduation eligibility.

Madison Wilmes (’25) is preparing for her EOCs.

“My favorite study material would be the scribble method,” Wilmes said. “I found it on TikTok at the start of this school year and after using it for multiple tests, my grades are better than ever, so that’ll definitely be what I’m using to help prepare me for the EOC.” 

The scribble method is when you rewrite the definition, or term needed to memorize, over and over again. You don’t focus on how you write it, or where you write it. You just write it as you look at it. The repetition is very beneficial to your long-term memory.

Let’s say a student doesn’t get their desired grade on the EOC or even possibly fails it. If this happens, the student still gets that credit for their class as long as their final grade in the course (including the grade you receive on your End of Course Test) contains a passing grade of a D or better.

Lilly Perkins (26’) knows what helps her study best. For her, Quizlet is a good way to study repetition with different ways of studying and memorizing.

“My favorite thing to use for studying is Quizlet,” Perkins said. “I’ll make different flashcards and do the learning, matching, and test activities then when I feel confident enough I’ll try the written responses.” 

Not only are students able to study for their different subjects online, but also teachers offer their time during class to help prepare students and give them credible sources to use on their own time. Not only can you study EOC-specific material, but you can also go back through your old material and pick up information to study.