The Student News Site of North Point High School

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

Zach Frecks (24) recently got Braeden Ball (24) out in the senior assassin game.
Game On
May 3, 2024
Poll

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Data Analysis With Bubbles

Aubree Tullock
“Isabella Trout (’26) works with two students in Mrs. Nichols room to learn about percentages of density.

Ms.Nichols’ Biology class participated in a bubble lab last week in the lab. To do the bubble lab the students have four different percentages of the same mixture 0%,1%,5%,10%. Then they take a straw and put the bottom part of it in one of the mixtures and hold the top of the straw so some of the mixture is in the straw.

After that, you put the straw on the table and let go of the top so then it makes a puddle of the mixture. After that, you blow into the straw and keep blowing until the bubble pops.

After the bubble pops, the students measure the length from side to side in cm. They then record their data and do three trials for each mixture.

When they are recording their data, they need to find the average. Then, they add them all together and multiply by three.

¨I think the bubble lab went well, and the students enjoyed it.¨ Ms.Nichols said.

¨We do the bubble lab to analyze and collect data.¨ Ms.Nichols said. ¨Usually the bubble lab is one of the students’ favorites.¨ Ms.Flieg.

The bubble lab taught the students different percentages of the mixtures.

“We got to see which one blows the biggest bubble,” Shane O’Leary (’26) said. “It was cool and fun.”

It really helps students when they get to work with other students.

“Groups work better because you’re not doing everything on your own and other people can share their ideas,” O’Leary said.

This was a fun and interesting way to learn about the density of mixtures.