The Student News Site of North Point High School

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

The Magic Of Music
The Magic Of Music
May 5, 2024
Zach Frecks (24) recently got Braeden Ball (24) out in the senior assassin game.
Game On
May 3, 2024
Poll

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Mrs. Pardo’s New Role

We now have a College and Career Counselor
Kyla Clayton
Mrs. Pardo has a new position at our school as the College and Career Counselor.

Mrs. Melissa Pardo, one of our guidance counselors, has a new role. As many people know she is now North Point’s very own College and Career Counselor, but what exactly does that entail?

Mrs. Pardo has been a school counselor for 16 years. 

“Everyone has their own special talent,” Pardo said. “Everyone’s journey is different. I make sure I am super flexible for everyone’s journey and try to be as helpful as I can be.”

She is very excited about this new role. 

“One of the biggest things I want them to know is that they are not alone in the journey,” Pardo said. “We are here to help any way we can.”

She wants everyone to make sure they come to see her when needed, just scan the QR Code located in all of your teachers’ classrooms for a meeting! Make sure to ask any and all questions so they can help you accomplish your goals.

Dr. Shelmire is excited about the new position and hopes it will help seniors notice they have scholarship opportunities.

“Mrs. Pardo starts working with colleges to help students prepare for life after high school,” Shelmire said. “There’s a lot of scholarship opportunities in this community, like the A+ Program, that a lot of people don’t know about and I am hoping Mrs. Pardo will help students become more aware of these opportunities.”

She helps students prepare for careers and hopefully, more students will become aware of the help that Mrs. Pardo can give them to guide their future lives.

“I make sure I listen to the students, find out what their needs are, then put them in that direction,” Pardo said. 

When she meets with students, they talk about specific schools and directions for what they’re interested in and make sure they are taking all the classes and tests they need.

If something happens that doesn’t go as planned, she guides them. 

“We all have setbacks and that is okay, so we’ll just come up with our Plan B,” Melissa Pardo said. “We just revise the plan.”

Pardo recently had a college meeting with Connor May (‘24). 

“Mrs. Pardo helps me get the requirements I need and everything I need to be prepared for,” Connor May (‘24) said. “She’s always around when you need help. She is really nice, understanding and caring.”

“Mrs. Pardo you’re amazing, thank you.” May (‘24) said.