The Student News Site of North Point High School

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

Defender, Sophie Hayes (26) clears the ball against the opposing team, Holt, whom they beat.
The Way To Kick It
April 26, 2024
Stress can be manageable if you just know a few techniques.
How To Manage Stress
April 23, 2024
Poll

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Best in the Field

Girls’ soccer season on a role!
Girl’s varsity soccer coach giving a pre-game pep talk at the Grizzly field.

Our girls’ soccer teams are on fire this season. They are dominating the competition and showing incredible skill and determination.

Every game they play, they bring their A-game and leave it all on the field. With each victory, their confidence grows and their chemistry as a team strengthens.

“It’s great to experience playing with new people. It’s something new to play for high school and something I’ve never done before,” Leah Peters (’27) said.

It’s absolutely incredible to see them performing so well. The coaches couldn’t be happier for our girls and their incredible accomplishments.

The soccer program takes immense pride in our freshman team, as it is the first freshman team here at North Point. Their outstanding performance thus far is a testament to their remarkable talent and dedication.

“I am most proud of them stepping up to the challenge of a tough schedule and we’re playing a lot of private schools and we’ve been competing well,” Kylee Grant, former JV coach and this year’s freshman coach said. “As a team we’ve had an incredible sense of work ethic.”

They have played six games so far this season and have only lost two. On Tuesday, they faced off against St. Joseph’s All-Girls private school and held their own against them.

“Our teamwork is what sets us apart from other teams,” Lana Ingle (’27) said. “We support each other on and off the field, and that shows in our performance.”

Despite the loss in that game, they kept their heads up. “We play against strong teams and we never get down on ourselves,” Madelyn Colombatto (’27) said.

They beat Liberty High School 3-0 and are extremely proud given that Liberty is a North Point rival. “Playing Liberty was fun because they are a rival team,” Bella Noah-Avalos (’27) said. “It felt good to beat them.”

The coaches are confident that they will continue to excel and make us proud as the season progresses. Their success serves as an inspiration to others and highlights the bright future of North Point soccer.

It’s impressive to see both our varsity and JV teams performing so well this season, although it’s to be expected, given their exceptional abilities. They showcase the depth and talent within our soccer program.

The dedication and hard work of the players, coaches, and support staff have undoubtedly paid off, cementing North Point’s reputation as a force to be reckoned with in soccer. Participating in high school soccer offers a plethora of opportunities and fosters long-lasting friendships.

”I’ve been playing for three years and I played on a club team. I think there are more opportunities and better friendships in high school,” Mella Noah-Avalos (’25) said.

Noah-Avalos’s perspective reflects the positive impact that the North Point soccer program has on its players. Beyond the skills developed on the field, the camaraderie and sense of belonging create a supportive environment and enhances the overall high school experience.

The strong bond formed between teammates fosters a sense of unity and a shared goal of success, leading to not only personal growth, but also a collective sense of achievement within the North Point soccer community. The supportive environment brings the players together and sets the stage for lifelong friendships and memories that extend beyond the field.

“It’s great to experience playing with new people,” Peters said. “It’s something new to play for high school and something I’ve never done before.”

Peters’s excitement highlights the impact of the soccer program providing fresh and exciting opportunities for young athletes like her, allowing them to broaden their horizons and discover new aspects of the sport. The sense of novelty and adventure that comes with playing for the high school team adds an extra layer of fillfulment to their soccer journey.

Addison Hays (’27) is an outstanding player, like many of the others. She represents and plays for all three teams and has a significant impact in the North Point soccer program. With her strength and readiness to take on whatever challenges the sport presents, she consistently performs at a high level.

She talks about the struggles of the JV team as she acknowledges their mistakes. “I think that connecting passes is one of our struggles,” Hays said.

JV is dominating the field, as they have many talented players. They had a lot of games that they enjoyed playing. “My favorite game was probably St. Charles because we had offensive pressure and we had a lot of scoring opportunities,” Hays said.

The drive and determination of the JV team members have been crucial to their success on the field, as they continue to work on improving their skills and teamwork. As they push themselves to overcome challenges and celebrate victories, the bonds formed among the players grow stronger, contributing to their overall growth and development in the sport.

“I think all three levels of girls soccer are doing well,” Gregory Schroeder, varsity coach said.  “So far the greatest accomplishment this season is Freshman, JV and Varsity all have winning records and are competing well against top teams. ”

It’s hard to believe how quickly this season has gone. With all the wins they’ve had, they are excited to see how the soccer program continues to grow in the future. The dedication and commitment of the players, both individually and as a team, have truly paid off this season. The passion they have for the game is evident in every match they play, and it’s incredible to witness how much they’ve improved since the beginning of the season.