The Student News Site of North Point High School

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

Defender, Sophie Hayes (26) clears the ball against the opposing team, Holt, whom they beat.
The Way To Kick It
April 26, 2024
Stress can be manageable if you just know a few techniques.
How To Manage Stress
April 23, 2024
Poll

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Breaking Records

Freshman, Cole Warnke, starts off the swim season right.
As a freshman, Cole Warnke, shattered two records placing first in both events.

This year’s swim team has a new addition who is crushing records.  Freshman Cole Warnke shattered two school swim records in the first meet.

Warnke swam in the 50 free, breaking the record in 23.73 seconds and the 100 free, also breaking the record in 51.92 seconds.

Kylie Klopstein (‘26), manager of the boy’s swim team, delved into various aspects of the swim team. Klopstein manages the boys swim team but also swims herself during the girl’s season. Klopstein has a long history of swimming. 

According to Klopstein, there are some great swimmers on the team, including Warnke. 

“Cole, and both of the Daniels, are for sure some of the best swimmers we have,” Klopstein said.

Klopstein isn’t too concerned with injuries this year. While more dramatic injuries are less common for swimmers, shoulder and back injuries do take place, which can impact a swimmer’s season.

“Avah Thomas-Tillman (‘26), for example, hurt her shoulder in the spring girls season and that negatively impacted the rest of her season,” Klopstein said. 

If Warnke has an injury-free season, Klopstein has a very big prediction for Cole’s future.

“He will make it to state,” Klopstein said.

Another manager, Eryn Chamberlain (‘25), believes he could break more school records, possibly shattering the 500.

“We knew he was good, and after he switched he just kept getting better,” Chamberlain said.

The boys on the team are impressed and motivated by Warnke’s start.

“He’s really fast and I feel like we should follow his lead,” Ryan Yang (‘24) said.

While the boys are impressed with Warnke, they also look forward to seeing where the season takes them.

“He’s really fast and a good role model,” Daniel Dong (‘26) said. “He’s going to do really well.”

With such a great season start, Coach Zammit looks forward to seeing what these boys can do.

View Comments (2)
Donate to North on Point
$25
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of North Point High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to North on Point
$25
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (2)

All North on Point Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• R

Rhonda WarnkeSep 28, 2023 at 11:07 am

Very proud Grandma! Good luck to all swimmers!

Reply
  • W

William BardwellSep 24, 2023 at 11:16 pm

Great job!

Reply