The Student News Site of North Point High School

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

Defender, Sophie Hayes (26) clears the ball against the opposing team, Holt, whom they beat.
The Way To Kick It
April 26, 2024
Stress can be manageable if you just know a few techniques.
How To Manage Stress
April 23, 2024
Poll

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Students lose access to websites because of ¨Sign In With Google¨ feature

Aubree Tullock
Mariah Ruch (’26) tries to get on Blooket, but it has been blocked.

As of  Monday, Oct. 23, all school districts that are using Google workspace like the Wentzville School District, will no longer be able to have access to Canva and other used sites for students. 

The Wentzville School District recommends that students download any projects or assignments they have on Canva while they can so that the work on the projects or presentations are not lost. 

Other sites that are often used that will not be available with Canva are Quizlet, Blooket, Loom, Flipgrid, and other websites. All of the sites that use ¨Sign in with Google¨ will no longer be available.

Even though many websites that use ¨Sign in with Google¨ will no longer be available there are still a few sites that will still use it until the end of the academic year. Sites like Edpuzzle and Classroom Magazines will still be available for the students and staff members to use until the end of the year.  

¨I don’t like how we can’t log in with Google because it does not allow students to have access to the resources they need,¨Lukas Besher (’27) said.

Students and staff rely on Canva for school projects because it’s an easy way for students to create their projects and design them. When they take it away, they are taking away resources for the students and easy ways for students to not only learn but also get their work done. 

¨It’s stupid because they are taking away resources for the students,¨ Jaelynn Myers (’26) said.

Many students use these sites every day for academic purposes so not being able to use them will make it harder not only for the students but also for the teachers because the teachers will have to find other ways for the students to get their work done.