The Student News Site of North Point High School

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

Defender, Sophie Hayes (26) clears the ball against the opposing team, Holt, whom they beat.
The Way To Kick It
April 26, 2024
Stress can be manageable if you just know a few techniques.
How To Manage Stress
April 23, 2024
Poll

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

DISCO Themed HOCO

Sydney Swanson
The Disco-theed HOCO dance was a hit this year with over 1100 students attending.

Over the weekend of October 14, our high school hosted their third Homecoming dance.

Sammy Hunt (‘26) felt the music had improved and was more tolerable this year.

“The theme was a very good idea and was displayed very well,” said Hunt.

Bella Heintzelman (‘26) wished students would have followed along with the theme within their wardrobe, but recognized the improvement of the organization of the dance.

“It could have been more fun,” Heintzelman said.

She insists that the music be more up-to-date next year.

Erika Jordan (‘24) recognized how prepared everything was this year. She felt that students played a bigger part in the homecoming activities this year, such as the powder puff game, dressing within the theme for school, the homecoming parade, and the homecoming game.

“Overall people seemed happier and more energetic at the dance,” Jordan said.

With the dance floor so packed, the students needed occasional breaks to get some cool down time. (Swanson)

Ava Fay (‘25), who is a student at a different high school attending North Point’s Homecoming, explicitly read into the overall environment. Fay felt the dance was a very fun, non-judgment place. 

“I wasn’t expecting the dance to be that fun,” Fay said. “I really enjoyed being with my friends and dancing”. 

When asked about improvement, there was one similar answer. Both Hunt and Heintzelman explained that they wanted trendier, more up-to-date music at the next homecoming. Jordan had the idea of playing older songs, from our parent’s generation.

The overall thoughts revised throughout the people interviewed was the benefit improvement they saw. Overall, the students made it better by coming with great attitudes and STUCO was much more prepared than in previous years.

Down the hall from the dancing was a place to relax, get a cold water and take photos with friends. (Sydney Swanson)