The Student News Site of North Point High School

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

Defender, Sophie Hayes (26) clears the ball against the opposing team, Holt, whom they beat.
The Way To Kick It
April 26, 2024
Stress can be manageable if you just know a few techniques.
How To Manage Stress
April 23, 2024
Poll

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Veteran’s Day

Courtesy of Creative Commons
Veteran’s Day is November 11 and there are many ways to honor and remember our Veterans.

What does Veteran’s Day mean to you? Do you have anyone in your family who has served or is currently serving our country?

Veteran’s Day used to be called Armstice Day until 1954. In 1954, Congress passed the bill President Eisenhower signed making November 11, Veteran’s Day. This bill was originally proposed by U.S. Representative Edward Page from Kansas.

Also, in 1954, after World War II, a war that was the deadliest of all wars with the most deaths and mobilization in the Nation’s history, the country wanted a day to represent those who have served our country.

American Armed Forces had fought aggressively in Korea, attacking urged by Veteran’s Service Organizations. Unrelated, the Act of 1938 by taking out the word “Armistice”.

Today, Veteran’s Day means a lot to many of us. We have people in our lives who have served or are currently serving, and that means so much to us. Veterans are the ones who we should be thanking because they are the reason why we still have many freedoms. They risked their lives for our freedoms. They have and will continue to make us all proud.

We decorate our towns, cities and schools for our Veterans on Veteran’s Day by putting American Flags on display. You could commemorate our Veterans by putting out an American Flag in your yard, by wearing red, white and blue or camo green. Maybe you could even donate money to places like the Wounded Warriors Project or another organization that helps our Veterans.

You should always do what you can to help out our beloved Veterans. We thank you all so much for your service.