The Student News Site of North Point High School

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

North on Point

Defender, Sophie Hayes (26) clears the ball against the opposing team, Holt, whom they beat.
The Way To Kick It
April 26, 2024
Stress can be manageable if you just know a few techniques.
How To Manage Stress
April 23, 2024
Poll

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

This Year’s Musical is a Must See

Mr. Milhous is directing a musical which will be performed in November. This year’s musical is “Into the Woods”, which is a musical composed of several fairy tales., based on the book by James Lapine. The music and lyrics are by Stephen Sondheim. The play is about a blend of fairy tales such as Little Red Riding Hood, Cinderella, & Jack and The Beanstalk. 

Musical auditions were held on Tuesday,  August 29 and Wednesday,  August 30. 

The play will be performed between November 16 through November 18 at 7 p.m. The directors of the play will be Mr. Milhous and Mrs. Ibberson, the music director. 

Mr. Milhous has big goals for this musical. 

“One of my goals is to challenge the program and to grow in skill and ability,” Milhous said.

One of the lead roles is Little Red Riding Hood, which Isabella Petry (’26) has the honor to play.

“When I found out that I got the notification that the cast list was posted, I ran downstairs and opened it up with my mom and when I saw my name next to Little Red, I jumped around the kitchen for fifteen minutes,” Petry said.

Cinderella’s stepmother will be played by Emily Berghold (’26). Berghold is very excited about the musical and is taking her experience in choir a step further.

“I’m excited about acting my part as the wicked stepmother,” Berghold said. “I’m not used to being on stage because I’m just in choir. I was talking to my mom in my room about how the audition went and how I was nervous about the cast list coming out. Then, I felt a vibration on my phone and I read that I got the part of the stepmother and I screamed, showed my mom, and then she screamed. This is my first time doing anything theater-related.”

One of the step-sisters is Lucinda and the role was given to Ty McCarthy (’26).

“When I found out, I was on my phone with my friends and when I saw my name, I ran downstairs,” McCarthy said. “Then when I saw my role, I was even more excited.

Be sure to come out in November to check out our musical “Into the Woods.”