Cooper Clayton

Mrs. Rachel Schirmer teaches social skills and loves to watch her students learn.

Meet Mrs. Rachel Schirmer

Mrs. Rachel Schirmer is a brand new teacher at North Point High School. She is a very nice and friendly person and has taught at other schools before transferring here.

“I loved to teach social skills and that was my favorite subject to teach to students, but I have taught multiple other subjects in school including history, math, science and even English,” Schirmer said.

She is enjoying North Point so far.

“Everyone at this school seems very friendly and welcoming to the point where it feels like I have been teaching here for a long time,” Schirmer said. 

Schirmer believes that North Point is just a very happy and heartwarming place to work and it is very nice to be welcomed into a school as a first-year teacher at North Point and to like it so much. She also thinks that WIN time is a very important thing for students at our school.

“I believe that WIN time is a great time for students to socialize with other students and to talk with each other and to also get their work done for their classes and to get their grades up,” Schirmer said.

Schirmer taught at two different schools for five years before she decided to make a switch to come to North Point High School.

“I taught at Crossroads Elementary School for a few years before coming to North Point High School, but I started my teaching career at Frontier Middle School,” Schirmer said. “I love teaching and helping our young kids by teaching them and I  have always wanted to come to a high school like North Point to teach high school students.” 

Schirmer also has multiple hobbies outside of teaching.

“I like going to sports games with my family and spending time with them,” Schirmer said.

Schirmer is a friendly teacher and students are glad to have her as their teacher.

North on Point • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to North on Point
$25
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

All North on Point Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *