Amaree Johnson

Ms. Ibberson is a new guitar and piano teacher here at North Point.

Meet Ms. Katy Ibberson

As another year of our high school begins, we are so blessed to have many new students and a lot of new staff members. With over 40 new staff members, the students are finally able to get a warm, healthy and safe place to learn and grow. 

Out of all the new staff and teachers, one of them is Mrs. Ibberson. Mrs. Ibberson is a new teacher here and we are so thankful for her to be here and be a part of the Den and to be one of the Grizzlies. 

Ms. Ibberson teaches Guitar I and two and Piano I and II, She has been teaching for 14 years and became a teacher in 2009. She is extremely excited about teaching, being a part of North Point and being a Grizzly. 

As a first-year teacher, she has already created a big impact on her students as well as other teachers too.

“She is a very nice teacher because she lets us have free time, and she is very amazing and super educated,” Dion Walker Shepherd (‘25) said.

As her 14th year of teaching, she is very excited about using her skills to teach her students.

“The best thing about being a teacher is helping students be creative and finally learning what they desire,” Ibberson said. 

Taking a closer look in her personal life, it is apparent that Ibberson has a few things that she loves doing outside of school. Archery and hunting are a few of them.

Mrs. Ibberson is super excited about being a Grizzly and teaching this year since this is her first year teaching choir since COVID hit. We know that she will do a lot of helpful and thoughtful things this year and we are so thankful to have her.

“So far I love being a Grizzly and I just absolutely love the school, co-workers and of course my students,” Ibberson said. 

Thank you Ms. Ibberson for coming to the Den. We are glad to have you as a Grizzly.

North on Point • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to North on Point
$25
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

All North on Point Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *